Question: Why Errors and uncertainties occur during measurement?
Errors and Uncertainties:
Errors and Uncertainties may occur due to various reasons. All physical measurements are uncertain or imprecise to some extent. Iy is very difficult to eliminate all possible errors or uncertainties in a measurement
Reason for the occurring of errors: The error may-occur due to:
- Negligence or inexperience of a person.
- The faulty apparatus.
- Inappropriate method or technique
Reason for the occurring of uncertainty
The uncertainty may occur due to inadequacy or limitation of an instrument natural variations of the object being measured or natural imperfections of a person’s senses.
However the uncertainty is also usually described as an error in a measurement
For more question of this chapter of Measurements Click the desired question below
- What is science? In how many branches the knowledge of science is divided? Define each branch of science
- Enumerate and define main frontiers of fundamental science?
- What is Physics, define? Also highlight the Areas that are dealt by Physics?
- Write a note on the importance of Physics?
- Write a note on Physical Quantities, explaining their categories and steps to measure?
- Explain International System of Units
- Explain Scientific Notation and highlight the Convention for Indicating the Units?